Case Report (case conference) to be published in :
Digestive Diseases & Sciences (DDS 2017 impact factor : 2.81); in 2019 DDS achieved its 85th year of monthly publication (now by Springer™).
Subjects for publication should be of most interest to DDS readers , that consists mostly of academic and practicing gastroenterologists:
- Pre- and post-operative management of liver transplant patients
- Nutritional evaluation of prospective patients and indications for bariatric surgery
- Management of the complications of bariatric surgery
- Indications for surgical removal of pancreatic lesions
- Surgical vs. endoscopic therapy of complicated gallstone disease
- Advances in combined laparoscopic/endoscopic therapy
- Surgical vs. endoscopic therapy of esophageal tumors
- EMR (Endoscopic Mucosal Resection) vs. surgical resection of small colonic tumors
- Surgical treatment of IBD
The paper should be represented by a brief case report followed by a longer and detailed scholarly discussion of the case in the context of existing practice, current guidelines and the existing literature, aimed at the DDS readership. Pictures, drawings and tables are welcomed.
DDS strongly recommends that trainees (students, residents) and/or young faculty are involved in the presentation of the case report during a clinical meeting, and in the following conception and writing of these case conferences (oversight by senior faculty).
One of the author must be a SIRC (Societa’ Italiana di Ricerche in Chirurgia) member (Website = http://www.ricercheinchirurgia.it/ ).